Dicks Sporting Goods - Exchange policy for returns without a receipt is ridiculous

Dec 30, 2013
review #467687

I went in with some items to exchange from Christmas. I had the receipt to one of the items but not 2 others. I was doing even exchanges for all the items so I figured it would be a straight forward transaction. BUT, since I didn't have the receipt, I was only given a $15 credit to go towards the $30 flip flops I was exchanging. So, to get the flip flops in the right size, I had to pay ANOTHER $15. If the merchandise had been on the floor at a sale price, I would have potentially understood. But they were not.

Additionally, with a $59 sweatshirt, I was only given a credit for $43.

This is no way to treat repeat customers!! What a rip off!!

I would suggest the policy be to give a merchandise credit equal to the current price of the merchandise in the store, or an exchange of the merchandise.

aaf3f4d
Had an experience with Dicks Sporting Goods?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
YoureNotSmart

Jan 03

Hey dummy.. When you don't have a receipt, you cannot even exchange because they give you the lowest price of when the item is on sale!!! Therefore if the sandals went on sale in June, and for 15, and now they are 30, prove that you paid the 30 and not the 15! The only way you can do that is with a RECEIPT!!!

You're an ***!

0 1 Reply

Jan 03 Orlando, Florida

Dicks Sporting Goods return policy.

We reserve the right to limit or decline returns that don't meet the following requirements:

Returns must be received within 90 days
Items being returned must be new and unused
Refunds are provided in the original form of payment
In-store purchases can only be returned in a store. They cannot be returned by mail.
Returns or exchanges without the original receipt/packing slip will be offered a merchandise credit for the lowest price or offered the manufacturers' contact information
Returns with a gift receipt will be offered a gift card or an exchange

0 0 Reply
Der

Dec 30, 2013

Wow.. Usually when you don't have a receipt, they give you the refund or credit based on the items lowest price of the year.. Why should you be able to buy something on sale, say you lost the receipt and have them give you full price? Do you have any common sense??

0 1 Reply
Smarter than Der

Jan 03 Orlando, Florida

Did you read what the person was wanting to do?? This person wanted an even exchange for the same item in the correct size. Most stores will give you an even exchange without a receipt.

Your response was rude based on the fact you obviously obviously did not read or failed reading comprehension. "I was doing even exchanges for all the items" means I don't want the money back just the correct size which they had in the store.

I guess you are the one lacking the common sense.

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Dicks Sporting Goods.
Filing a new complaint about
×