Dicks Sporting Goods - ***'s Sporting Goods Purposely Puts Customers In Harms Way
Update added by user Sep 22, 2012
>>UPDATEk\'s has since contacted me regarding this incident. They evaded responsibility by trying to claim the product was bought many years ago and has since been recalled. I have proof the product was NOT purchased long ago and that it was six months old and always kept in the original packaging.
Also, regarding the recall - there WAS in fact a recall for this product BEFORE I purchased it, meaning that the store was negligently selling this item AFTER it was recalled. Even more alarming is that customer service and the ***\'s risk team must have known about this recall yet they never once mentioned it during any of our exchanges until after the fact, once they had the resistance tube back in their possession.
For my injury and disgust with their company, ***\'s tried to buy me off with some gifts to \"win me back\" including a gift certificate to the store. I instantly threw it in the trash where it belongs. ***\'s won\'t get any business from me or anyone I know ever again.
SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES!
Original review posted by user Aug 22, 2012
On August 17, 2012 I contacted Customer Service via the web contact page regarding the 15lb Resistance Tube I purchased from ***'s store in Millbury, MA.
Earlier, that same day, the Resistance Tube broke in mid workout during a triceps extension. The cheaply manufactured plastic fastener that holds the tube to the handle broke during normal, recommended use sending the tube shooting rapidly against my back, resulting in a welt on my back and possibly a pulled muscle/sprain.
Instantly recognizing the danger (Had I been doing a chest press, I could have knocked an eye out!) I did the responsible thing and attempted to contact ***'s to inform them of this danger before someone else gets more seriously injured.
I was dissapointed at how difficult is is to get through to ***'s as the web contact sheet is the only method and unfortunately, even after calling today, it did not result in speaking with anyone that seemed concerned about the dangers to customers that this product comes with.
After calling today to speak to someone, I was told I have to await a call from ***'s "Risk" team and I was not allowed a direct number to call to speak to anyone. I decided the best I could do is at least write an honest review of the occurrence, complete with detailed photos of the inferior product and the injury it caused me. Much to my greater disappointment, it turns out ***'s carefully edits all products reviews to be sure that only "positive" experiences (or perhaps those written by ***'s themselves) gets published.
So, it appears that not only does ***'s sell highly dangerous products and have inferior customer service - but they also take an additional step toward placing customers in harms way, by carefully editing out honest negative reviews/warnings posted in their product review section on the ***'s website! ***'s uses the same unethical practice on their social media pages. I have documentation to prove this!
I am very disappointing in ***'s and will be sharing this experience with my friends and family and at the gym where I sometimes train.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Fitness Gear Resistance Tubes
- Review category
- Weight Loss, Diets and Training
You May Also Like
- "This company has stolen my product picture from my website: www.kratomdivine.com, and listed it like it is their own. First of all- it is a trademarked product-and I am bringing..."
- "PICKED UP A SMALL ALUMINUM TABLE ORIGINALLY PRICED AT $29.97 BUT WAS REDUCED BY $10.00 MAKING THE PRICE $19.97. TOOK IT TO THE REGISTER, PAID BY CARD & WALKED OUT...."
- "This is how I lost 215 lbs using Roca Labs Gastric Bypass Effect (NO surgery). I have reduced my weight by 215 lb (from 420 lb to 205 lb) and..."
- "We rented from Avis-Budget in Israel and had the worst experience of our lives. The car was delivered to us in a dark garage. When I arrived to pick up..."
- "Until now my refund request is zero. I think hellopay is a SCAM and Lazada has to pay. Submitting this review, i thought might help but until now, nothing happened...."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."
- "I bought The piece of The ... This plan. And them Say it's gir 5 year. The sofa it's have some rips, tears And start To open and The back...."
- "I received my order of helicopter parts and thought they shorted me some bearings. The website had a photo of 4 bearings and that's what I thought I was..."
- "First, I must say that this is my second order from Repairs Universe that has given me heartburn. With the first order, I received what I felt was..."