Dicks Sporting Goods - ***'s Sporting Goods Purposely Puts Customers In Harms Way
Update added by user Sep 22, 2012
>>UPDATEk\'s has since contacted me regarding this incident. They evaded responsibility by trying to claim the product was bought many years ago and has since been recalled. I have proof the product was NOT purchased long ago and that it was six months old and always kept in the original packaging.
Also, regarding the recall - there WAS in fact a recall for this product BEFORE I purchased it, meaning that the store was negligently selling this item AFTER it was recalled. Even more alarming is that customer service and the ***\'s risk team must have known about this recall yet they never once mentioned it during any of our exchanges until after the fact, once they had the resistance tube back in their possession.
For my injury and disgust with their company, ***\'s tried to buy me off with some gifts to \"win me back\" including a gift certificate to the store. I instantly threw it in the trash where it belongs. ***\'s won\'t get any business from me or anyone I know ever again.
SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES!
Original review posted by user Aug 22, 2012
On August 17, 2012 I contacted Customer Service via the web contact page regarding the 15lb Resistance Tube I purchased from ***'s store in Millbury, MA.
Earlier, that same day, the Resistance Tube broke in mid workout during a triceps extension. The cheaply manufactured plastic fastener that holds the tube to the handle broke during normal, recommended use sending the tube shooting rapidly against my back, resulting in a welt on my back and possibly a pulled muscle/sprain.
Instantly recognizing the danger (Had I been doing a chest press, I could have knocked an eye out!) I did the responsible thing and attempted to contact ***'s to inform them of this danger before someone else gets more seriously injured.
I was dissapointed at how difficult is is to get through to ***'s as the web contact sheet is the only method and unfortunately, even after calling today, it did not result in speaking with anyone that seemed concerned about the dangers to customers that this product comes with.
After calling today to speak to someone, I was told I have to await a call from ***'s "Risk" team and I was not allowed a direct number to call to speak to anyone. I decided the best I could do is at least write an honest review of the occurrence, complete with detailed photos of the inferior product and the injury it caused me. Much to my greater disappointment, it turns out ***'s carefully edits all products reviews to be sure that only "positive" experiences (or perhaps those written by ***'s themselves) gets published.
So, it appears that not only does ***'s sell highly dangerous products and have inferior customer service - but they also take an additional step toward placing customers in harms way, by carefully editing out honest negative reviews/warnings posted in their product review section on the ***'s website! ***'s uses the same unethical practice on their social media pages. I have documentation to prove this!
I am very disappointing in ***'s and will be sharing this experience with my friends and family and at the gym where I sometimes train.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Fitness Gear Resistance Tubes
- Review category
- Weight Loss, Diets and Training
You May Also Like
- "nascar talladega worst exp. i've ever had at nascar,nascar has turned into cottoncandy an bumper car sports,on its way out,i was thrown out of daga for liteing up a cigarette,this..."
- "I haven't been in the store much. My only issue when I did go there was that they didn't sell picnic blankets (in the summer). Online site SUCKS. ..."
- "I just open the carit cake and was full of mold expiration date was not until May 2016, afraid to open anything else up..."
- "My elderly Aunt, who is on a fixed income, saw an ad in her Sunday newspaper for the "Heavenly Blessing" Christmas Tree Nativity Collection. My Aunt placed the order..."
- "Firstly, their hearing is exactly the same as other firms I talked to. they all sell the same thing. I am in Worcester, MA. The office here..."
- "I bought The piece of The ... This plan. And them Say it's gir 5 year. The sofa it's have some rips, tears And start To open and The back...."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."