Dicks Sporting Goods - Bad customer service

1.7
Additional Fees

Counter girl have a bad attitude i will not shop at *** sporting good again,

Dicks Sporting Goods - Horrible check-out process

I stand in line for over minutes sometimes with just one customer ahead of me. It takes the cashier forever to punch in the rewards and process transactions.

Many times I have noticed that the price tags do not reflect sales prices. There is always a long way to be checked out. I can't remember a time it's been convenient and efficient. The manager at the front has also blamed other employees and doesn't present herself professionally to customers.

They have no sense of time. Employees often appear confused and they always seem to need a manager to approve something. Coupons also need to been simplified. I like your products but this store could use more training and a more efficient check out.

Come on Dicks. Get with the times!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Cashier.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Customer Service (Cashier)

September 1st 2016 my daughter and I purchased a pair of sneakers, while waiting on line the cashier name Kassie worked on cash register #6 was looking around like we did not exist until I spoke and and said no one's working here. She put her water bottle down and yell next customer.

After she ran up the sneakers, I proceeded to show her the ***'s coupon that I received on the GEO coupon app in which she said that ***'s don't honor coupon apps because people tend to alter the coupon expiration date, which I couldn't understand how can you alter the date from ***'s Sporting Goods coupon from an app so I just let it go and paid the total price, then she had the audacity to ask us whether we wanted a bag for the sneakers that we purchased. My daughter replied "that would be nice" and I replied "yes, because if we walked out of this store without a bag, your would have assume that we stole the pair of sneakers" (I know that it has a security tag).

My question is if we were caucasian, would we have been treated differently?

Yes, we would have. The ***'s Sporting Goods store that this occurred is located in Wilkes Barre, PA on September 1st 2016 at around 2:15/2:30 in the afternoon.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Cashier.

I didn't like: Employees, Being mislead with false advertising.

Comments

Don't blame racism on the fact that you Reyes using phony coupons. That's just backwards and childish.

If you are going to rip off dicks sporting goods do it the right way like I do and get on Microsoft paint so that you can alter the expiration date and amount off. Don't get greedy but usually if you keep it under 20% you can get away with it. Also make sure you fade the barcode so they can't actually scan it. Hopefully by now you realize my sarcasm you dufus.

This just in, I have a coupon that says I own your soul from a website. It has your name on it so you HAVE to honor it, doesn't matter if you put it into circulation or not.

I do have to agree with you that asking if you wanted to squeeze your awquard fitting shoe box into a bag was really crappy of her. I personally ask for three bags so I can do my part to ruin our environment.

Gainesville, Florida, United States #1232943

So you're upset because a cashier asked if you would like a bag for your purchase? That's a common question, regardless of race.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Poor customer service

I bought a wagon...I told the cashier I wanted to buy a wagon and would like for someone to take it out to my car...he called someone on his radio and told them my request...as I am paying the cashier tells me he is going to do one better and then someone brings a shopping cart and he tells me I can use a cart...really...when I go to the grocery store they offer to take my groceries out to my car, but not ***'s you are on your own.... That is terrible customer service!!!

Comments

Don't blame the company just stop being lazy seriously.

quit being a lazy ***

Dicks Sporting Goods - Review from College Park, Maryland

I visited the ***'s in Philadelphia Mills mall in Philadelphia with my mom, to return a pair of men's tights. My father was sick at home and could not try them on until we bought them.

They did not fit, so we went to return them today....and the cashier looked puzzled as ***. She was rude, saying "ain' nothin wrong with this". My mom answered, "it doesn't fit him!" She then explained that my father is house-bound, and the woman walked away from her to another cashier. THIS cashier inspected the pants 10 ways to ***, then smelled them.

Wtf? Then, said they smelled like fish. Here's the thing- my entire family hates seafood and we have NO fish in our house. FINALLY, we got our money back- but what kind of customer service is this?

For a *** pair of pants my dad tried on ONE time, your going to inspect them like he ran a marathon in them through a fish factory and just returned them as is? ***'s sporting goods has a fitting name- a store full of arrogant dicks.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Cashier.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Would you like to buy used underwear? This is a health law.

Crabs, sweat and nasty private parts. NASTY. You could even have bed bugs.

People who are nasty anyway do not understand. There homes are nasty and dirty.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Bait & Switch

1.7

A few months ago I purchased 2 bikes for my boyfriends and I to use. At the register we were promised triple points, so much in rewards dollars, and % off the bikes for signing up for their CC.

When the first scorecard balance came in (after making my first payment) I did not receive the triple points the cashier had promised. So I called customer service and was told that I could email someone about my issues. After emailing back and forth 5 or 6 times (you never get a direct email from dicks saying your question was responded to, you just have to go back and check your ticket # in their system which no one tells you about) I was just told the triple points is not what I get, even after explaining to them multiple times that the cashier had said triple points multiple times. I wrote ***'s off and swore to never shop there again.

About a month ago I received some rewards bucks to dicks for my previous bike purchase. I had picked up a giving tree angel at work and the kids I selected had sporting equipment on their wish list I decided to use my rewards dollars on these kids. In trying to use them online ***'s website said I didn't meet requirements for this promotion (?????) It's like a gift card! So I tried to use their online chat feature to ask for help.

Every time I submitted my question I was unable to respond to the different agents on the chat so I decided to call. The girl I spoke to apologized for the trouble and said she would transfer me to the rewards department so they could help. I was actually transferred to a busy signal then hung up on. I decided to grab corporate's # offline and give them a ring (724-273-3400) And got over to an operator who said I'm going to transfer but hit 0 to get a live person.

So I did and got a girl who I told my story too and my frustrations and she said she could transfer me. DICKS SPORTING GOOD.......what kind of customer service are you providing?! I still do not have an answer to my questions and no one has EVER addressed my problems. I ended up calling the 724 number back and leaving a voicemail for C.O.O Joseph Schmidt.

We will see if he even cares. Sadly, I don't expect to get a response and will fight tooth and nail to return these bikes (which they probably won't do)

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Cashier.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Store manager.

I didn't like: Prices, Customer service.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Never been in one that has ANY customer service

Its actually borderline creepy that such big stores have absolutely no employees working. It's not just one store in particular.

Granted I only visit 3 different stores on my route, but NONE have anyone but a cashier available. God forbid you might have a question. So I don't bother going in anymore. I have found the mom and pop shops are much better, which is actually better for the community.

I have a feeling this will be going out of business.

Plus there is NEVER A SALE!!! If there is a brand I like, I just go to their website and buy direct!!!

Preferred solution: nothing.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Bad encounter with cashier

I was in the Paramus dicks sporting goods two weeks ago, I had a couple of Items the cashier refused to give me any service because the cashier said it's only for golf check out. There was no line at the other registers and he had no one there.

I am very annoyed by how poorly you can treat costumers. I informed this employee that is completely *** I have two items. He still refused to help me so I left my stuff and left the store.

Honestly I feel that everyone should treat the costumer better. I'm never shopping there again

• Poorly treated

Comments

did you ever think that maybe her really couldnt ring up your items?? if there was no one in line then why complain?

go to the other registers. not everyone in the store knows how to work a register, and maybe he was told not to take non golf customers.

Providence, Rhode Island, United States #837099

Why didn't you just go to the other registers if there were no other people in line? Just wanted to complain huh?

I get it. Nobody pays enough attention to you at home.

.. get a dog.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Poor Company All Around

Where to begin? The store at Crossgates mall in NY sucks!

Got some new snowboard gear for a gift 9 FYI, I am 42, not some kid! ). Boots were the wrong size and the board is not the shape I ride.

Stage 1: Boots ( had forgot to bring the board with us ):

After about an hour of debate with no receipt to just exchange the boots, they finally made the exchange ( but funny, I had to get different boots to fit so cost more money ). They left the security clip on, so my g/f went in to fix that The next day on her way home from work. After being in line for an hour, and having stated all she needed was the clip removed, the cashier says, "Oh, that's all you needed"?!! WTF!

Now the board! This one is still killing me! We ended up taking the board to a different Dicks as we would be in that area. That store didn't sell boards. OK, no problem, all I wanted was an exchange so we took the store credit. Figured I would just order a different board, pay for two day shipping and be good to got for my trip this week. I was wrong! They gave me an incorrect tracking number, and all they tell me on the phone is, "Sir, we are sorry for the inconvenience.". I paid for two day shipping because I needed the board on a certain day. It didn't show up! So I lost the money I had paid for the resort for two nights ( $600 ). I could have rented a board, but why ( $124 a day )? I paid for a board and paid for 2 day shipping. I won't ever do business with Dicks again! Poor customer service, poor company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Cashier.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Couldn't get the Salesman's attention. He was too busy talking to the Cashier in the Golf area.

Went into the store at Elliot Rd., in Tempe,AZ. Wanted to purchase a Cobra Cell, golf driver, and have it fitted to my swing.

There were two other customers in the area, looking at golf equipment. I stood, not far from the Cash Register, thinking one of the two employees would have a break in their conversation, and help me with my purchase. I was there about 10 minutes, then decided to leave. As I was leaving the store, the Customer Help Representative, asked me if I found everything to my satisfaction.

I explained the situation, and left. I went to Van's, on Power Rd.

and was greeted and fitted with a new Cobra Cell driver. A much more pleasant experience.

North Adams, Massachusetts, United States #777252

SO you waited for help for 10 minutes and when help finally became available you just left. You spend more time on the golf course waiting around to take a turn. Sounds like you wasted your own time

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #777064

Ive encountered the same situation at the Dicks in my area. Seems like the sales reps are always too busy flirting with the hot college cashier to assist the customers.

Ive actually stood by an item waiting for assistance as high as 20 minutes. Then they say oh well you should have went and got someone.

Uuhhhhhh excuse me? If anything seeing how Dicks is paying you to WORK you should be constantly on watch for customers needing assistance.