Dicks Sporting Goods - New state, same result

1.9

Went to the store in Gilbert, AZ today hoping service would be different from my home state. WRONG!

Walked around for 45 mins. Almost had employees bump in to me they were so close and none of them said anything to me, not a word. Finally about 5 mins before I was going to leave a woman putting up fishing said “hello” to me. I thanked her for acknowledging me.

In addition to horrible service, I noticed many merchandising problems, the biggest of which was missing prices all over the store. On the ammo shelves about 1/8 of the products were priced. Just sad.

Thought about getting a job there. Not now.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Horrible experience

I was at the golf section and the guy in charge whose name i believe is john or something like that told me to not play around while I was looking at the clubs and as I looked around for gear and other clubs he just kept following me around and when I asked him for help he gave me the worst attitude as if I had never played the sport.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Poor Customer Service

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE: 12/03/2017 @1203 p.m. SALES MANAGER MICHELE at Champaign, Illinois ***'s Sporting Goods needs some remedial training in how to speak to customers.

I returned two shirts that I bought online and they were too small. I've bought the same brand and size for over two years, but these particular shirts must have been a different cut because they were slightly too small. The register employee was polite and everything was fine until I was told my return would be approx. $34.

I explained that did not seem right and that both shirts were $99 together (Walter Hagen polos). I showed her on my phone that I paid $99 for them. She called a manager and Michele showed up. I explained the situation and she said my online purchases must have been discounted somehow and I would only receive $34.

I also showed her the amount I paid for the shirts. Everything was polite and calm up until this point. Michele then stated "Sir, I'm not trying to be difficult but you definitely are". She had been talking with me for maybe 30 seconds at this point.

Amazed that she just made that claim, I continued to be an adult and stated "Ma'am, I do not work in retail and do not understand how I am receiving less money than what I paid for an item". I then asked her exactly what did I do or say that is making this difficult? She replied "I don't want to argue with you" and I will cancel your return. She then directed me to deal with the online retailer, Amazon.

The receipts I brought in directed me to make the returns in the store. I told her that I was not impressed that she stated I was being difficult and just because she was having a bad day she shouldn't take it out on me. Being the mature, professional she is, she had to reply that she was not having a bad day. I told her the $200 in gift cards that I came to buy today would be bought elsewhere.

I can only imagine how she would treat customers or employees that present actual problems. I literally asked a question about the return process and got accused of being difficult. WOW!

***'s - You are going to lose my family of six customers over this. I hope you will reply and tell me who to contact to resolve this issue professionally.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Dust on merchandise,employees ignore customers

I have Went to Dicks in Florence Al.several several times over past 10 years,,,there's 4 things you can count on,#1,dust settled on all merchandise especially fishing tackle boxes,reels,hats,caps,Etc.Etc. now they have added on a "Field and Stream" department,like it will matter,#2 In the Shoe Dept.

You'll see a Black Woman who works there,with long,4 or 5 inch long "curled"fingernails,yes all 10 fingers,How she does her job?

no clue.#3 The bored Male employees will nearly walk over you with heads looking up and straight ahead,unkept,Old Work clothes,Thank Goodness we just got a new ACADEMY Sports only a mile from Dicks!!! #4 Dicks has highest Prices,on all items...

Dicks Sporting Goods - Terrible customer service - no cancellation allowed

I tried to cancel an order for a weightlifting power rack less than 48 hours after placing it on line. The order had not yet shipped, as confirmed by call center agent who answered my call, therefore, I expected to be able to cancel.

I was told they "couldn't physically cancel the order". I responded by saying that if you have five fingers and a working right hand they/he should be able to cancel it. He then told me the "system won't allow it after thirty minutes of the order being placed".

I suggested to him that "his" systems are inadequate and obsolete. I will never deal with ***'s again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Cancell the order.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Spent $1500 on new golf clubs and have had nothing but trouble thru the whole process.

Went into the store in Johnson City, TN on a Friday to buy a set of clubs. They were not in stock so the clerk placed the order online, advising that they would arrive in three days.

So I assumed I would have them on Tuesday or Wednesday. It took almost two weeks before them to arrive in several separate shipments. When I purchased the clubs my rewards score card would not work. The clerk advised that once I received the clubs I should return them to the store and then repurchase them to get my points.

I called and made an appointment to be fitted for my clubs which was supposed to be free since I purchased the clubs from them. When I went for my appointment they wanted to charge me for the fitting, but advised no one was there to do it even though I had an appointment. They then advised that I should call a number to check on my rewards instead of doing a return.

I called the number and they advised that the points should still be processing. I am yet to get my points or my fitting done because I just keep getting a different answer every time I speak with anyone from ***'s.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Product i bought.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Dicks Sporting Goods - No support for faulty product

I bought a set of trekking poles about two years ago. They were Koppen Haltbar adjustable poles.

First time using them the locking mechanism in one seized up and the pole wouldn't collapse. Since it was stuck in its extended position, I continued using it. There is no store really convenient for me to go to (I only went in the first place because I had a gift card and was in the area). Last weekend, the locking mechanism failed completely, and now the pole won't stay extended.

I found the Koppen company website hoping to find the part that failed, not parts available. Every "buy it" link whether in store or online sent you to ***'s. I found their email adress and sent them an email inquiring about parts. I recieved a robo-reply "we're reviewing your inquiry and we'll contact you as soon as we can".

Shortly after that I also received a robo-email from ***'s sporting Goods customer service about the same inquiry. I recieved an email from a ***'s rep in about a day, they suggested I contact Koppen. I replied that I had contacted them but had not yet heard from anyone. The ***'s rep sent me an email with the text from Koppen's email pasted in.

THEY'RE THE SAME COMPANY!

I replied and let them know that I was dissatisfied with the service and very disappoinjted about getting the run-around. Short and long, they can't help me because they don't sell the item anymore and it is out of warranty.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Customer Care.

I didn't like: Did not support their own product gave me the runaround.

Comments

Maybe I'm just reading this wrong, but you had this set of poles for 2 years and expect anyone to do something about it? Most stores have a 60 day return policy and you want them to give you a full refund for something you held onto for 2 years? Its a tough break that they don't sell it any more, but even if they did how can you honestly expect anything for a product you've had for 2 years?

Dicks Sporting Goods - Cancelled order no gift card credit

Additional Fees

Cancelled my online order because they really didn't gave it in stock !uh?. Did not credit my gift card.

Been waiting 21 days for replacement ! Custoner service is clueless

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Customer Care Review

This complaint is for the disgusting service I just recieved at ***'s Sporting Goods Located in the Cerritos Mall, Cerritos Ca. My goodness!

What the *** is wrong with the world today, I just left this store definitely wanting to do more than just write a complaint. My 9 year old beautiful and strong neice who has had Alopecia since she was 5 and completely bald was awkwardly questioned and stared at for several minutes while we checked out. This horrible, young, and completely incompetent women continued to ask and refer to my neices condition as " cancer", even after being corrected twice. Myself and everyone in my family have always been taught not to stare, to look and talk to everyone the same NO MATTER WHAT!

You would think that something so meaningful and respectful would be taught to more people especially children, so that they dont grow up to be a dumb cashier with a loose pie hole. God Bless.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Customer Care Review

Possibly the worst customer service. .

My husband and i were there for the second time to purchase bikes. First time they didn't have anyone there to help us. Today when we got there the bike guys said sorry but im off. I will get someone who might be able to help you.

No one ever showed. Got tired of waiting and went home.. lost a sale of two bikes. ..will never shop there again.

Called the manager on the way home and all she could say is sorry... Very disappointing.

Comments

So you just expect someone who is on schedule for a certain time with plans of their own to stay late just for you? I don't know if you've ever had to work for anything in your life, but when the end of the shift comes, that last thing someone wants to do is waste another half hour for someone to maybe buy something and leave and for what?

Another half hour of minimum wage and to be yelled at for soaking up payroll?

Then you go on to call the manager out of spite so that they can kiss your *** and beg you to bring your hundreds of dollars back to a store that will gross tens of thousands of dollars a day regardless of you shopping there? I guess its hard having skin made of paper.

... what did you expect her to say?