I am a retired law enforcement officer and went to purchase some ammunition.I was told by the sales person that I would need to produce my "FID" card (firearms purchasers ID card) and my drivers license.

I explained to him that I was not looking to purchase a firearm, only ammunition. I then produced my law enforcement ID, as well as my concealed carry permit (CCP), which contains exactly the same information as an "FID" card, and my drivers license. He then told me he could not sell the ammunition without a FID card. After a 5 minute debate where I explained the information is exactly the same (CCP even has a photograph whereas a FID does not) I then asked to speak with a manager who sided with his employee.

According to the State of NJ, in order to sell, transfer, purchase or otherwise acquire any handgun ammunition in New Jersey, the transferee must be a licensed gun dealer, wholesaler or manufacturer, or possess a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card, a permit to purchase a handgun, OR a permit to carry a handgun.I have been a loyal customer for many years, but needless to say, after this experience I will now take my business to my local gunsmith even if it requires paying a higher price.

Review about: Dicks Sporting Goods Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with Dicks Sporting Goods?

Comments

The company has policies it has to stick to. There is no room for exceptions when it comes to fire arms.

offconsumerpissed

Did you let that slide when you were working? Could I have just given you a copy of a job application I had rather than my driver's license? It has all the same information as the license, plus more identifying information.