Dicks Sporting Goods - Poor return policy

I purchased a $6 packet of gun cleaning supplies (wire brushes, mops, patches) at ***'s. The first time I used them to clean a gun, both the wire brush and cotton mops disintegrated, causing me additional cleaning to remove the brass wire bits that had fallen into the gun action.

When I returned the kit to my local store, the manager said he would refund my money "this one time", but that refunds are only given for products returned unused and in their original packing (mine was all there). When I asked how I could have known the products were defective without trying to use them, his response was a shoulder shrug and a "I wouldn't know, but that's our policy." I threw the cleaning kit in a trash can and left the store. I'll never be back in a ***'s.

Why would I risk buying their defective junk just to be stuck with it? I wouldn't.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Manager.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

You realize that there's no way to really prove what you're claiming though right? Incompetent gun owners are a dime a dozen and how is he supposed to know that you're not just some *** that bought the wrong kit or just straight up can't use it properly?

It was honestly pretty generous of him to take it back at all since he can't send a used kit back to the manufacturer, so his store is eating the loss there.

He's following the policy handed to him and all you can do in the face of his generosity is throw a pissy fit and leave? How old are you bud?

Dicks Sporting Goods - Very Dissapointed Customer

3.0

My husband and myself went into ***'s Sporting Goods located within Lexington Park, Md to purchase a bicycle. First we had to search the whole store before encountering Hunter (Salesperson) who was extremely helpful and patient with explaining the features of the bike we was purchasing.

He had a question as there was markings on the bicycle by one of the managers named Chris (didn't get a last name). He was trying to ask him a question when Chris said yeah yeah give them 10% but we had another question and he said he was helping a customer and proceeded to leave. I said to him aren't we customers needing assistance as well. He just keep walking as if I didn't say a word.

My husband really wanted the bicycle but really at that point I was ready to leave the bike there and go to another store to purchase our item. If it wasn't for Hunter spending some time with us I would have just left that bicycle right in the middle of the floor and left.

I am very doubtful that I would return back to this location to shop and will not recommend this place to any of my family and friends as well. Someone need to speak to Chris and let him know he is serving the public and Customer Services is supposed to be the most highest regards.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Manager.

I liked: Salesperson hunter he was great.

I didn't like: Chris the manager was rude and disrespectful.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Manager Review from Dallas, Texas

We arrived at 6:57 and we needed a water bottle. The female manager said we could not enter.

It was not passed closing time and we feel we could be out by closing time. She was very rude and said she could not care if she had our business.

Comments

So maybe don't show up 3 minutes before closing. It's not like the employees got *** to get done before they can go home from working 10 hours at their minimum wage job.

You probably went on Christmas Eve too you heartless ***. I'm sure no one was going to die if you didn't get your water bottle

Dicks Sporting Goods - Unused - LaCrosse Cleats Returns

It is so unfortunate to see a rude behavior from a store manage at North Point Parky, Atlanta Georgia.....I bought cleats for my daughter size 8 but realized later after reaching home that 8.5 would be better fit (she NEVER EVER WORE THEM OUTSIDE), i went back to return it...store manager refused right on the face and behaved rudely stating she won't return it back...just because she observed some marks (nit picky)....I tried to explain, I bought them as is....it is so painful to explain .....but truly disappointed...with Dicks sporting..those shoes are not of any use

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Manager.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: I would have rated 0 or minus stars if given the option.

I didn't like: Customer service assistance, Misleading coupons and promo codes.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Simple Review #1466646038

2.9
Additional Fees

Kim and Joe are the worst managers I have ever experienced in my 20yrs of retail. I was walking in to possibly recruit and they ignored me as a customer and the female was the worst ever.

She should NOT be in a management position. Never will I shop with ***'s

Dicks Sporting Goods - Manager Review from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Would like to file a complaint. I came to the Wesleyan Chapel Dicks to buy a kayak.

After looking and feeling the kayaks I decided on an old town sit in angler. Happy with my decision I was crushed to find that it was not in fact 229.00 as indicated on the tag. I was informed by a manager that it was sitting in the wrong place and would not honor the tag price where it was sitting. Very unhappy with the customer service.

If you put it where it does not belong then you should honor the price that is attached to it! I will make sure everyone I know does not send business their way.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Manager.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Golf dept

Twin Lakes,Wisconsin
2.2

Spent 20 mins looking at clubs at the kenosha wi dicks sporting goods on 2-2-2016 around noon. The associate did nothing while I was there , not even a attempt to help me, he got up once in that 20 mins to get his water bottle and watch some golf and then sat down at the computer. I spoke to a manager named Stephanie and she apologized, asked if I needed assistance from the other manager and on a tight schedule I refused any other assistance

I liked: Merchandise.

I didn't like: Customer service reps are ill-equipped.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Manager Review from Parkville, Maryland

I tried ordering a northface for my lady cause there hadnt been one in hee size in store so we went to the counter a gentleman helped up purchase one online for $147.00 and it was taken out of my account. But..

With no notification Dicks cancelled my order without any call or email and put my money back in my account an once i realize it my lady an i go to the Dicks we had the order done at to see why it had been done.

They make us go to not 2 but several staff to explain my problem an by the point i have had enough explaining an flip out and asked for a corporate number which was refused to be given an was then told they would reorder the jacket not even with a discount of inconvience but to purchase again with whole sale price i leave an my lady is speaking to the *** off in the store once they finsih days later they charge me again? Making my account go into the negatives... I am not ever buying from Dicks again.

This was not in any shaoe or form acceptable or professional of Dicks an there staff. If there is a problem with a customers order they shouldn't be shuffled around staff member to staff member there needs to be 1 manager to whi deals with issuse such as mine and anyone else's not everybody in the store!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Manager.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Maybe you would have better luck speaking in some type of legible language and not sounding like a total ***. JUST SAYING!

Dicks Sporting Goods - Manager Review from Malden, Massachusetts

4.2

Bull opening date I sat in the lot in Warwick to two hours until 6 waiting to get my amecrusher bow for 259 instead of 599 the phone number for the store said we open at 6 so me and my 11 yr daughter miss dinner to get her bow 6 arrived and no store employee opens the door I call corporate and they reply sorry sir it's up to the manager to decide if we open at six or midnight short story we missed thanksgiving dinner cause dicks manager was to lazy to change the stores recording

Dicks Sporting Goods - Manager Review from Washington, District Of Columbia

2.7

Very unprofessional store manager in Downingtown PA. I have shopped at this store for at least 10 years, the help was always professional until today.

In the past(very few times) I've had to make exchanges and I did not always have a receipt. They were always able to check my purchase history using my score card, not today though. The manager was rude and had no interest in helping me.

He also explained there was no history of any purchases I have made in the past which makes me a liar????i will never return and will be sure to tell my friends and family the same. Too bad, I really enjoyed shopping there..........never again.