Dicks Sporting Goods - Simple Review #1462898976

2.9
Additional Fees

I bought 2 items having rebates and they gave me 1 receipt when both need originals. They could not print me a new original the next day. Lost out on $10.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Rebate.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Rebate Review from Norwood, North Carolina

Norwood,North Carolina

Went to the Raleigh NC store looking for a laser range finder after calling the store to confirm they had what I wanted. This is my typical M.O. When I have to run more than 30 miles to a store. No surprise they didn't have what I wanted when I arrived. However, I decided on and bought a Halo, advertised for 119.00 but was over 160.00 at the check out. No sign that here was a mail in rebate. It is what it is.

The worst part is that the people working there had no clue about the products they were selling. Spent 27 min waiting for a sales clearly to find the product in the "back" room. Seemed he went back there a dozen times when asked a question as if there was a step by step question and answer instructional booklet he was reading from. This experience was very similar to the Gander Miuntain painful experience I had across the street. During that time, once again, I watched sales people sell firearms to people that were totally incorrect for the application they wanted the product for. Unbelievable!

Never going to return to that or any other Dicks store again.They too demonstrate a willingness to let incompetence rule the floor when they sell firearms and this is reckless and dangerous. I have been hunting and shooting *** near all my life and it is THIS kind of *** that we need eradicated from selling hunting and shooting supplies. Big box stores should stick with selling clothes and footballs and stay away from the outdoor and shooting sports sales. For that, stick with your local independent hunting and shooting supply stores. I'd rather pay more for a product at a mom and pop store than support structures ignorance.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Rebate.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Bjames777

Pleas excuse the typos as my iPhone thinks it knows how to spell and set grammar when using the voice dictation mode.