Dicks Sporting Goods - Hardware Kit missing parts for Punching Bag stand assembly

2.0

Hardware kit was ripped open. Some bolts and washers were missing.

On 12-23 I called customer service (Missy) and they said they would have a new hardware kit sent to me. On 12-28 I called back and customer service told me no action had been taken. They told me to hold the line 2-3 min while they escalated the issue. After 20 min they said they were on hold waiting to escalate.

I asked if they could just take my information and proceed but they told me I had to stay on the line. After 40 min and no response I hung up!

I can't assemble the stand without the kit. They have no concept of customer service.!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Shipping Service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Never again ***, Academy here I come

1.3
Additional Fees

Ordered a few things online for $108, all that cleared with no problems. 2 days later *** takes out another $72, without telling us.

Was told its an authorization hold from the operator there. Talked to the manager and he says its our banks fault. We had already talked to the bank that morning to cancel our cards, we thought we had been hacked! Anyway, manager tells us we are lucky our item shipped so quickly.

***, its your job to make sure our stuff ships if its in there. We will NEVER order anything from *** again.

We order online a lot and have never had this problem. I had to put ducks because it was saying the name was offensive.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Horrible experience

I made a online order for a pair of boots on 9/18/17 and was told they were in stock and would ship in 3 days. I then track the order and it wont be sent for 10 days not 3.

Then I get a email that they are on back order and wont ship until 10/9/17. I now i get another email that they aren't shipped as of yet. I have called customer service and was told i could get refund but needed to get it approved through manager even though I was told I was talking to supervisor. Supervisor told me she would get me response in less then 24 hrs and here we go, no response.

I asked for number to complaint department and was told they are the complaint department and no other options to speak to anyone. ***'s had no problem placing my order saying the boots were in stock or taking my money at the time the order was placed. This has to be the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

No one is willing to help and there is no mention of resolve or compensation for this negative experience. Barbie Ashdown

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Shipping Service.

I didn't like: Customer service, Online ordering if item not available, Refund to cancel order.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Worst customer service

I thought I would save a 20-minute drive to the Bass Pro Shop and order a Stick It Anchor p9n from Dicks online, after all, they offered free shipping. Ordered on 7/30 5 day ground shipping, notified on 8/7 that it is delayed, 8/8 it is shipped, 8/10 no tracking showing on UPS, 8/10 called Dicks, they are sorry for the delay will ship 2 day, 8/15 product shows up without all the parts.

Call customer service, after 25 minutes get disconnected, call back wait 15 minutes for supervisor, get disconnected.

I am sending the product back and giving my business to Bass Pro. Honestly, this is the worst customer service I have experienced from any company in the last 10 years.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Order paid for and promised Express Delivery that did NOT HAPPEN!

I ordered on line and paid EXPRESS delivery for $250.00 + worth of Golf Products for a golf outing! Realizing it was tight I checked the status and all items were in stock.

I paid for EXPRESS delivery and was guaranteed that all items were in stock and would be delivered on 7/1/717. When I got home today only a few items were delivered. When I called to check on the order status all items were said to be delivered on time! So I had to call again and pretend I was going to place a NEW order to get a LIVE person to talk to me, she said that they other items would be delivered hopefully tomorrow!

Ridiculous! All items were in stock, I PAID for RUSH delivery which was confirmed and no where was I notified that the other items would not be delivered today!

I am a long time DICKS customer was am not at all happy. I was going to order some other stuff tonight but WILL NOT.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Paying for express delivery and not getting it, Misleading coupons and promo codes.

Comments

You weren't "guaranteed" jack. It's called an "Estimated Delivery Date". Look up the difference of the two words in the dictionary.

Dicks Sporting Goods - HORRIBLE, Unbeleivable. Never again!!!

I recently ordered a North Face down jacket from ***'s online. Dicks shows 2 colors and a variety of sizes in stock on their website.

The site let me order one, even pre authorized my C.C. After waiting a day and a half for a confirmation e mail with a tracking number, it finally arrived in my inbox and the status of the shipment was "processing" and an estimated expedited arrival date was 2/3/2017. I had ordered it at 11 AM on 2/1, and the e mail with an order number/est arrival date arrived 2/2/17. The order was canceled online with no explanation, or e mail notification as to why it was canceled.

After calling cust service, seems they have NONE in inventory, NONE! No sizes, No colors. I waited for a month for these jackets to go on sale, and on the morning of 2/1/17, the discount first appeared on the website. I ordered immediately before they were all gone.

On 2/2/17, WITHOUT any explanation, the order status went to " canceled". Seems as if ***'s never had ANY jackets, but were still selling them on their website, irregardless of the inventory in stock. I went to the ***'s site several times today and they are STILL selling them and pre authorizing credit cards even though they have no stock. I called customer "no service" and was told that they had 19 blue jackets on 2/2/17, but had sold out.

I asked why if I had ordered mine 2/1/17 at 1100AM, why was my order not honored before the others that ordered after me. I was then told by a supervisor that there was actually never any coat's at all. They were all soooooooo sorry for the mix-up, however; the manager was stone cold and offered no explanation. He also allowed things to continue as usual on their site with NO inventory in stock, and due to the season ending, very little chance of getting any more.

Talk about false advertising. I did order several jackets in the aftermath of this unbelievable incident. One was for a bomber blue XL (for my dad) from Rocky Mountain Ski and Board for way cheaper than the ***'s price, and there was a price reduction at Sunny Sports .com for $227.95 (zinc grey for me). ***'s wanted $349.00 per jacket.

I immediately got confirmation e mails from both companies. Several hours after those orders got tracking numbers (in those e mails), I went to both sites and the XL and XXL jackets I had ordered were pulled from the "in stock" to "not available". I guess I got the last jackets in those 2 sizes/colors, and the sites IMMEDIATELY shut those sizes down. Not ***'s.

You can still buy one by ordering from the ***'s site and have your CC reimbursed and all the apologies I am getting. If you don't believe, go to the ***'s site and order a bomber blur or a TNF Black color. The site shows 3 sizes available in blue, and 3 sizes in black available. You would think that as big as ***'s is, they could do a whole lot better than the smaller company/sites I had to order from, especially with the online technology that is available.

They have mostly ratings of a 1 out of 5 on the review/social media sites, and this review certainly won't help them at all.

Move over Sports Authority, make room for ***'s, they will certainly be next for bankruptcy proceedings. Steve Wilson Norfolk Va

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

I didn't like: Absolutely false advertising, Customer service reps do not have the proper tools to help, Online customer service.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Never Order from Dicks

Ordered an Elite Fitness. When UPS came to my door the driver told me that I might want to come and look at it, because you should refuse the item.

The box was open with parts falling out. Looked like they tried to wrap it with plastic to hold a damage item together and shipped it anyway. I refused the order. The tracking then showed they received it back at their warehouse.

I called the next week, and they said they did not get it? Lied I have them signing for it from UPS. Then when I informed them they some how then found it had been returned. Two weeks still had not received my money back.

Emailed again and received the same lie? Have been dealing with them now for days and still nothing even after them saying my money would be returned in 1 - 2 days.

This has been the worst company I have ever dealt with. Will never order from them again, and my have to take this dishonest company to court.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dicks Sporting Goods Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Customer service refunds, Refund exchange policy, Lack of customer service.

Pueblo, Colorado, United States #1278237

Just letting you know I used to be customer representative for dicks and the moment they receive the item back it takes 30 days to get your refund. I think it's ridiculous to wait that long.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Simple Review #1484881577

2.3
Additional Fees

Ordered an item..needed it extremely urgent..order was cancelled because of stocking issue..it will take 10 days to recover money on my card..now im walking because my motorcycle is on the roadside...thanks to the dicking from dicks..also..they failed to notify me of cancellation..i found out after 7 *** days..im ***..make that ***!!

Dicks Sporting Goods - Ordered on Dec 16 with Guarantee Delivery Before Xmas

Update by user Jan 02, 2017

DBX Double Blade Ice Skates

Size: 13K

Color: Black

Ref#: S8198493

Item#: 4313534

Order#: 3889643518 Date of Order: 12/16/16 Item was tagged with "Guaranteed For Holiday Delivery" tag and fee shipping. Item was also tagged as "Item(s) located in stock".

We decided to order the item from Dicks instead of Amazon since there was a guaranteed delivery before Christmas. We reached out on 12/20/16 to check on status of the order. The chat said, "Doesn't look good... looks like you'll be getting the item for free...

we don't know yet... check back later" We reached out again on 12/21/16 but this time, decided to talk to an actual agent. At this point he said, "they are printing the label on in and it will ship today". On 12/23/16 we received an email stating our order was cancelled.

***'s guaranteed delivery prior to Christmas on these skates, but cleverly added a footnote to the guarantee: "This program does NOT apply to: customized items, special orders, gift cards, items on backorder or cancelled orders (e.g., out-of-stock merchandise)" Looks like it's a win-win for ***'s! Promise delivery on an item that is shown as IN STOCK!

by Christmas, and in case you sell too many, just cancel the order! Buyer beware!

Original review posted by user Dec 24, 2016

Ordered skates on Dec 16, with a ***'s guarantee of delivery before Christmas. The guarantee stated that if it didn't arrive prior to Christmas, the item was free.

The item showed IN STOCK and ON THE SHELF. ***'s decided to cancel the order on Dec 22! This was preceded on our end by following the order, getting online and chatting about our order to make sure it was coming. Both chats were inconclusive, where chatter stated they weren't sure where our order was in the ***.

On Dec 21 we decided to call directly instead of chatting. The man on the phone stated that the skates where in the *** and that labels were being printed for item shipment. I can't believe the blatant lie told to us directly on the phone. The next day we received an email stating that our order was cancelled!

WHAT. THE. F?

AWFUL company. AWFUL customer service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Fulfill guarantee promised on site: delivery before Christmas or it's free. Cancelling the order after the fact? That shouldn't even be legal..

I didn't like: Appears as though promotion was a fraud, Dicks cancelled order after promise of a guarantee.

Dicks Sporting Goods - Shipping Service Review

Dicks canceled my order that I placed 6 days ago...the day before Christmas! So I ordered a coat online for my 12 year old son on the 17th.

Email stated order was accepted. Next day email stated order being processed. Supposed to be delivered by the 23rd at latest and had not arrived. Called customer service to track it.

No information on the automated service. Placed on hold for 25 minutes until I finally hung up! Then this morning an email that says "Sorry, we couldn't fulfill your order so it has been canceled". Really???

The day before Christmas Eve? You didn't know 2,3,5 or 6 days ago that you couldn't fill my order?

So much for being a normal patron of Dicks Sporting Goods. Hello Hibbet Sports or one of the others!

Lake Orion, Michigan, United States #1260030

Same BS happened to us. We ordered on Dec 16 with a guarantee of delivery prior to Christmas or the item was free.

What do they do?

They cancel the order? Total BS.