so i get the e mail for $20.00 off a purchase of $100.00."Today only".

My purchase totaled $130.00 but the discount was never applied at checkout. When I called, I was told that my purchase was not eligible for the discount. I was told that I should have read the fine print & searched the site to understand eligibility. It was my fault that I accepted the advertisement.

OK, shortly after I placed the order I found the exact $100.00 baseball bat at cheapbats.com for $60.00. The Dicks operator verified the price at cheapbats,.com When I asked for a price match I was quickly refused, "Can't do it. No discount as advertised & no price match." (We're huge & we don't need you as a customer)....***'s has apparently empowered themselves.

There are a few items that they have exclusivity to but the internet is huge...huger.I will still shop at ***'s local store but I will not make purchases there, only scan into my ShopSavvy app & purchase from one of the other 6,884 vendors available on the internet.

Had an Experience with Dicks Sporting Goods?

Comments

#891967

It's ridiculous that the filter is obfuscating the business name. What if you call it ***' Sporting Goods?

Tampa, Florida, United States #583110

Vendora restrict sales on items not ***'s.It's common practice for many vendors.

Nike, UA, Callaway, Titleist, etc. You, as a consumer have a choice. Buy sale items that may be older product, or get new stuff.

If Nike or other vendors find their products being discounted without their authorization, they can pull the items from the store or give them less favorable terms.

I ran into this same kind of BS at a store of theirs today.Games with pricing and the graphics and then people put in charge who look and act like they just got their first job out of prison.

Consumers don't need to put up with this nonsense.Take your business elsewhere and tell everyone you know, every chance you get, through every medium available so that we as American consumers can shut these bastards down!

Yeah...their discounts suck. They basically exclude everything they sell in their "fine print".