Dicks Sporting Goods - E mail misleading

238 of 297 Dicks Sporting Goods reviews

so i get the e mail for $20.00 off a purchase of $100.00."Today only".

My purchase totaled $130.00 but the discount was never applied at checkout. When I called, I was told that my purchase was not eligible for the discount. I was told that I should have read the fine print & searched the site to understand eligibility. It was my fault that I accepted the advertisement.

OK, shortly after I placed the order I found the exact $100.00 baseball bat at cheapbats.com for $60.00. The Dicks operator verified the price at cheapbats,.com When I asked for a price match I was quickly refused, "Can't do it. No discount as advertised & no price match." (We're huge & we don't need you as a customer)....***'s has apparently empowered themselves.

There are a few items that they have exclusivity to but the internet is huge...huger.I will still shop at ***'s local store but I will not make purchases there, only scan into my ShopSavvy app & purchase from one of the other 6,884 vendors available on the internet.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
238 of 297 Dicks Sporting Goods reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Steve

Oct 28, 2014 #891967

It's ridiculous that the filter is obfuscating the business name. What if you call it ***' Sporting Goods?

joj

Dec 17, 2012 #583110 Tampa, Florida, United States

Vendora restrict sales on items not ***'s. It's common practice for many vendors. Nike, UA, Callaway, Titleist, etc. You, as a consumer have a choice. Buy sale items that may be older product, or get new stuff. If Nike or other vendors find their products being discounted without their authorization, they can pull the items from the store or give them less favorable terms.

William

Dec 12, 2012 #581469

I ran into this same kind of BS at a store of theirs today. Games with pricing and the graphics and then people put in charge who look and act like they just got their first job out of prison. Consumers don't need to put up with this nonsense. Take your business elsewhere and tell everyone you know, every chance you get, through every medium available so that we as American consumers can shut these bastards down!

Josh

Dec 04, 2012 #577841

Yeah...their discounts suck. They basically exclude everything they sell in their "fine print".

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Dicks Sporting Goods. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Dicks Sporting Goods.
Filing a new complaint about
×