Dicks Sporting Goods - Exchange policy for returns without a receipt is ridiculous

I went in with some items to exchange from Christmas. I had the receipt to one of the items but not 2 others. I was doing even exchanges for all the items so I figured it would be a straight forward transaction. BUT, since I didn't have the receipt, I was only given a $15 credit to go towards the $30 flip flops I was exchanging. So, to get the flip flops in the right size, I had to pay ANOTHER $15. If the merchandise had been on the floor at a sale price, I would have potentially understood. But they were not.

Additionally, with a $59 sweatshirt, I was only given a credit for $43.

This is no way to treat repeat customers!! What a rip off!!

I would suggest the policy be to give a merchandise credit equal to the current price of the merchandise in the store, or an exchange of the merchandise.

More Review Details

Helpful? 6 Yes 6 2 No 2
Had the same issue 8 Yes 8
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 21 #1188005 Garden City, New York

can anybody tell me how many no receipt returns you are allowed to do at dicks? a couple months ago i had to return some stuff my mom bought for my little brother but for some reason the computers were being weird and wouldnt scan more then one item so they gave me 3 different gift cards at that one time. and a slip was printed out saying i may not be able to make another no receipt return. But now i have something for myself and i dont actually like how it looks or fits on me so i want to return it but i threw out the receipt. can anybody tell me when my no receipt returns will renew?

Mar 16 #1128628

Agree I was trying to exchange these 70 dollar sweatpants but since I didn't have the recent they were trying to give me store credit for $40!! What a rip off!!!

Jan 18 #1096670

Wow. The replies ITT have to be executives of ***'s or are just.... dicks.

YoureNotSmart

Jan 03, 2014 #768048

Hey dummy.. When you don't have a receipt, you cannot even exchange because they give you the lowest price of when the item is on sale!!! Therefore if the sandals went on sale in June, and for 15, and now they are 30, prove that you paid the 30 and not the 15! The only way you can do that is with a RECEIPT!!!

You're an ***!

9 4 Reply

Jan 03, 2014 #768012 Orlando, Florida

Dicks Sporting Goods return policy.

We reserve the right to limit or decline returns that don't meet the following requirements:

Returns must be received within 90 days
Items being returned must be new and unused
Refunds are provided in the original form of payment
In-store purchases can only be returned in a store. They cannot be returned by mail.
Returns or exchanges without the original receipt/packing slip will be offered a merchandise credit for the lowest price or offered the manufacturers' contact information
Returns with a gift receipt will be offered a gift card or an exchange

2 9 Reply
Btch better have my money

Jan 02 #1087299 Eustis, Florida

Refunds are provided in the original form of payment?
Funny, I used my debt card and they recieved the money instantaneously, I returned a product and it takes them a week to put the money back on my card? Total bs, Academy puts the money back before you can walk away from the counter. Won't be shopping at dicks anymore for that 1 reason. Total inconvenience.

0 3 Reply

Jan 02 #1087301

you do realize this is the BANK not ***'s that is doing this right? they have ZERO control over how fast the bank lets your money out or back. what you need to do is stop, take a breath, get OFF Your entitled soap box and contact the bank and tell them this.
"I purchased XYZ product at ***'s and returned it on XYZ date, I have my receipt i'm just wondering where my $$$ is?"
if you just complain to them you returned it and want your money they will normally tell you to goto ***'s or whatever retailer you're complaining about.
I know this because I work retail and I get this ALL the time. It goes like this
"hey I bought this and want to return it, how long till you give me my $$$ back on my card?"
"well sir/miss, we process it right away but it's up to the bank/cc company to actually put the $$$ into your account. they like to let your $$$ out right away in most cases but putting it back is another story. contact them in a couple business days if it's not there and say 'I returned this to XYZ o XYZ date I HAVE my receipt and am just wondering where the $$$ is ?' and just to nitpick your complain I think you meant "debit" card though I have actually heard customers call their credit cards "debt" cards when they get themselves in over their heads with debt on them.

2 1 Reply

Jan 27 #1101764

If it's the bank, then how come it doesn't happen any where else....

1 2
Der

Dec 30, 2013 #766164

Wow.. Usually when you don't have a receipt, they give you the refund or credit based on the items lowest price of the year.. Why should you be able to buy something on sale, say you lost the receipt and have them give you full price? Do you have any common sense??

3 4 Reply
Smarter than Der

Jan 03, 2014 #767933 Orlando, Florida

Did you read what the person was wanting to do?? This person wanted an even exchange for the same item in the correct size. Most stores will give you an even exchange without a receipt.

Your response was rude based on the fact you obviously obviously did not read or failed reading comprehension. "I was doing even exchanges for all the items" means I don't want the money back just the correct size which they had in the store.

I guess you are the one lacking the common sense.

14 1 Reply

Jan 02 #1087302

um you obviously have never worked retail and don't understand how it works. an "even exchange" is for the EXACT same thing. if it's a different size/shape/color whatever then that is NOT the same. it's for inventory control purposes that they do this.
here's a quick example. say you own a shoe store and have only the following 3 items in your store (granted it's small but you'll get the idea)
6 x size 6 shoes
6 x size 9 shoes
6 x size 12 shoes
now say someone buys 2 pairs of size 6 but really wanted 1 of 6 and 1 of 9 and thought they bought them that way. now even though you sell them at the same price your inventory would be 5/5/6 but show up as 4/6/6 because they bought 2 of the same. now if you just gave them a 9 for the 6 and didn't return/repurchase it your inventory would still say 4/6/6 but really be 5/5/6 and you'd show up as having 1 more of 1 then you have and 1 less then you have which leads to you actually losing $$$.

0 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Dicks Sporting Goods. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Dicks Sporting Goods.
Filing a new complaint about
×