Dicks Sporting Goods - Gun Department Bait-and-Switch
Update added by user Dec 04, 2014
It is almost one month (Nov.11) since my first email complaint was sent to D$&%'s BAD Sports, followed up on November 17 and 20.
I just sent off NUMBER FOUR repeat email. I have NEVER received any reply whatsoever!! (auto-response DOES NOT COUNT!!!)
They have obviously grown too BIG and ALOOF - and have chosen to ignore my requests.
THEY HAVE SEEN MY LAST DIME!!!
Therefore, I hereby recommend EVERYONE to avoid this over-sized, uncaring chain and spend your dollars with their competitors - especially the small-business independents!!
Update added by user Nov 24, 2014
*** UPDATE ***
I sent followup emails to D***'s on November 17 and November 20 - and still no reply from them.They most obviously want to sweep this under the proverbial rug.
I will be re-sending the same every 3 - 4 days until they wake up and smell the stench of their unscrupulous business practices!
As they have apparently chosen to ignore my emails (and, most likely, emails from others), I feel it necessary, for myself and others, to avoid making purchases from this well-established, big-box fly-by-night establishment.
Original review posted by user Nov 17, 2014
I sent this email to ***'s on November 11 - I have yet to hear from them - even though they state that they will respond within 2 business days / 48 business hours. I seriously believe that they have intentionally withheld inventory during the advertised sale period.
My email to ***'s...
I am located in North Jersey. I received a flyer from your company posting sale prices on ammunition. I went to the Wayne store that just opened and was offering triple points on purchases. As it turns out, that store’s gun department is waiting for several government approvals before being allowed to sell these products. I feel I have been cheated out of a substantial purchase with this week’s discount pricing on ammunition and the added value of the triple scorecard points.
Furthermore, I went to your Rockaway, NJ location, a much longer ride for me, assuming they had sufficient stock on hand for the sale offering. I was looking to restock as I am out of .22, .380, 9MM, and shotgun shells. They had NO STOCK on anything, other than the shotgun shells - only large bulk packs that were not on sale.
This appears to be blatant false and misleading bait-and-switch advertising - leading me to the point of avoiding shopping in your stores and recommending my friends and family to do the same.
Is there any way you can rectify this situation?
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- NO stock on sale items
- Preferred solution:
- I need to await a response from Dick's as I sent this followup email today due to their failure to respond within the stated time period.
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was charged a price for a pair of soccer shoes that was on the display for a lesser price when I brought it to the cashiers attention he argued..."
- "Dicks Sporting goods, Colonial Heights Virginia - sucks. I shop for the best deals and have shopped at Dicks Sporting Goods for years. The customer service at Colonial..."
- "On August 17, 2012 I contacted Customer Service via the web contact page regarding the 15lb Resistance Tube I purchased from ***'s store in Millbury, MA. Earlier, that same day,..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."
- "I made a purchased from billet tech a couple years ago and when I wrote a review online in my group mentioning the lies I was given and the extra..."
- "I don't understand how you advertise a purfume sale but no one has any stock some of the warehouses state that they never received any to start with and others..."
- "Harry and David has gone down hill and I will never order from them again. I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears". These are NOT the Royal Riviera..."