2.3
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I placed my first online order with Dicks on 7/11/17 for a pair of Nike running shoes for a birthday gift for a friend.I received the shoes on 7/14/17 , I opened the box on the front steps where it was left by UPS.

I don't really have any words other that Total Disappointment . I lifted the first shoe out of the box to examine it, only to notice the dirt and stains on the bottom of the shoe, the other shoe was in similar condition (NOT NEW) There was no way I could give someone a USED gift. I boxed it back up and drove to my nearest ***'s store(Salisbury, NC) hoping to be able to exchange them for a Clean, New pair. I got to the store , there is only one person in front of me checking out, there is also a store mgr(Jamey) behind the counter, he acknowledges my presence and says they will be with me shortly, 5 minutes go by and the cashier is still helping the other person, the mgr.

finally stops what he is doing( taking ball gloves out of plastic wrap and placing them in a cart) He asked how he could help me, I explained my situation about the new shoes arriving in less than new condition, he makes a comment about they were probably tested out on a treadmill I was never offered an exchange or asked if I wanted to try and find something else.

My money was refunded.There was no offer made to compensate me for my time or the inconvenience .

Review about: Nike Sneakers.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Lack of customer service.

Had an Experience with Dicks Sporting Goods?

Comments

Mountain View, California, United States #1351366

If your money was refunded, how is that a loss?

to Anonymous Concord, North Carolina, United States #1351392

My refund has not shown up on my bank account or my PayPal account .There is also lost time and fuel to return the item .

I have spoken with a CSR at Dicks ,and was informed that I would have to contact PayPal to get the issue resolved .All this would have been avoided if Dicks had actually sent me NEW shoes that I paid for